Saturday, December 03, 2005

www + object = netObject


I always thought I'd like to create an object (or at least have one) that unable me to surf on the internet, and which wouldn't be a computer. I'm dreaming about any support (wall, clothes, piece of paper, desktop...) transforming itself in a web browser... and I found what I was looking for.

netObjects speculate with eight fictional characters fascinated (or maybe obsessed) with different types of content. netObjects are designed for them, as stereotypes of media consumers. The collection reappropiates everyday objects for the home that present real time information from the web: archetypes whichrelate to the content they embody. netObjects are intended as real products for today, for everyday use by people who seldom get online through the computer screen. They propose an alternative way to enjoy online content at home. The collection has been conceived as an attempt to question the role of networked appliances in the domestic environment.

Exhibition consists of eight interactive prototypes, eight photographs, and a video with testimonials of the eight characters of this story. The project was developed by Hector Serrano.